Friday, August 17, 2012

Sandlot Sandlot Sandlot!!

(Ok, I know I still have to post about New York, but I'm working on it I have a draft going on. It just takes forever so I want to do this post real quick.)


My friend Hannah who is in my ward, she just graduated and is going to BYU this year, anyway, me and her both LOVE the movie "The Sandlot." Like no joke- every Girls Camp when we have S'mores, one of just starts quoting it and the other one of us just responds without even thinking about it. But we can quote any scene-especially when we go on hikes we just go on forever practically saying the whole movie. Anyway, we have been talking about doing this FOREVER. (Hahaha that's funny if you've seen the movie.) And we finally did! We went to Scottie Smalls's and Benny's house!!! And we went to the actual Sandlot. If someone would have seen us in the car as we were approaching both of these sites you would have thought we were going to Disney Land. To make the mood better I played the song that is in the opening scene of the movie than started quoting away. It was really awesome to think they were actually right there!
In the movie, his house is pink but I promise this is it!
Scottie Smalls's hosue!!! Can't believe someone just lives there!
The Sandlot as it Stands Today!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Sandlot is a classic and one of my all time favs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought that movie because we didn't have it in our collection. I want to see this- where is it at exactly? Can't wait to see your NY trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool. Sandlot is just in the air right now. All the kids are quoting it and watching it. Tate has even learned a few well placed swear words from it--ha ha! That's cool that you found the places too.

    ReplyDelete