Thursday, January 6, 2011

School Today

NOTHING INTERSTING! Haha I just wanted to write something. Let me think of something worth a little interest.....
Maybe I will just tell you some things I am learning.

Geometry, we are learning the geometric mean. ( I don't know what that is)
Biology, we are doing Punnet Square and genetics
Seminary is awesome.
Geography we took notes the whole period and my teacher has the most monitone voice and I don't even know what she said cause her voice is so easy to tune out.

Oh! This was kind of fun. During my 7th period, I am a TA for the 7th grade choir class. There is only 2 weeks left for the term to end, so she is taking the kids to the piano room where she has keyboards and teaching them piano. Well during this period, the special education class comes up so they can sing with the 7th graders. So me and a few kids stayed in the choir room and tried to teach them piano. I took a girl into another room, and I was so amazed. This girl doesn't talk much. So I showed her which finger was what number (thumb 1, index 2, etc.). Right hand only.

Then I opened the piano book to just "Ode to Joy" right hand only. Just real basic 3345 5432 type of stuff. I have been working with her for a few days and today she could do it all by herself.
The first day I would point to the number than her finger. Today she looks at the music and says "3" out loud to herself then plays it. It was really cool actually.

Anyway sorry to bore you with my boring day at school!

2 comments: