Sunday, April 3, 2011

Easier and Harder

Another good weekend of CATS! It is so much fun. On Saturday I have two shows, and it is so tiring but so fun. Sometimes I don't know how my cast can do it twice in a day. Partly because of energy, but also for other reasons. Like it would be so easy to either have the attidue of....in the first show give it all you got, then in the second show say, I had alot of energy in the first show I don't need to try as hard. Or not to good in the first show and say I still have one more show to do good on. But we really havn't had a bad run yet. This show is shorter than my other plays have been, so we have had the opportunity to run it alot more. I don't know how broadway does it. The same show for months and months or years and years! It's not that I wish we had less shows to do, its just so wierd to keep doing it over and over! It gets easier and harder as it goes along. Easy because you can only get to know the show that much better, and you get better at the fast costume changes and stuff. Harder because you have been being a Cat for 3 months of practice, and you kind of feel like you don't need to be as.....oooo I dont know the word. It's like you've done it and done it and done it. And sometimes one more time is too easy. So you might not give it 100 % anymore. I have been giving it my all in every show though. I mean I get super tired, especially right after Macavity when I sing Mistoffoles, but here is some wise counsel of theatre spoken by Joanne Parker once, that I have found to be true, especially with this show. In the end, it isn't about you! (me, the rest of the cats) It really is about the audience. I didn't get this myself at first but now I really do. It doesn't matter how tired you are, because it's a new audience out there and they have never seen it before! They want to see just a good as show as opening night. This is a really fun play. I love when little kids are sitting on the front row because they just love all the "cats" so close to them!

3 comments:

  1. We can't wait to come see you this weekend! It sounds exhausting and I am constantly amazed at all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie- I don't know how you do it... my feet would be blistered and bloody! You did amazing and it was fun coming to watch you in Cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great, great show. I have to tell you I enjoyed it more than Tuachan--and that's the truth!

    ReplyDelete