Thursday, December 1, 2011

Eagle Eyes

This year, the charity my school is sponosoring is called Eagle Eyes. My student government class actually got to go to a school and see it being used. Watch the video for more information.



This was crazy to watch. It's incredible that their eyes control the cursor.

We are raising money sevral ways. Every 2nd period on B days we go around class to class asking if anyone has donations. We also have something called Penny Wars.

Penny Wars: There are 3 buckets. A sophomore, junior, and senior bucket. Pennies are worth positive points. Everything else (nickels, dimes, quarters, dollar coins, and all dollar bills) are worth negative points. So basically, I want to put all my pennies in the sophomore bucket, and everything else in the senior bucket. Nobody really has to worry about the juniors, they are always in the middle. So as you may know, I am a pretty competitive person in most cases. I guess all my brothers are as well.

Everybody kept telling me how last year during penny wars, Jake cheated (surprise) by taking the bucket with him to the bank, and got $100 dollars worth of pennies for his bucket. There are more rules this year like, (the bucket can't leave school grounds). But I still super badly want to win, but not by cheating. I think Penny Wars is a good idea, cause I definitley will be donating more this way, than by just donating. I will put as many dollars in the seniors bucket as I have to so they don't win.

If you would like to keep some change aside to donate to this charity, and also help my sophomore class win that would be just swell. Even if you give me 5 pennies, it will help.

1 comment:

  1. Eagle Eyes is so cool. The kids are really really cute.

    ReplyDelete