Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Penny Wars.

I think I briefly described Penny Wars earlier. It is a competition between soph. jun. sen. to get the most pennies.
1 penny = 1 point
1nickel=-5 points
1dime=-10 points
1quarter=-25 points
1 dollar=-100 points

So, my original plan of attack, was to try to get people to put all their "bad money" into the senior's bucket. But as I got to thinking, I know they are going to cheat somehow. I don't know how, but I can't help them win. They could cheat by taking the quarters ,etc. out of their bucket and going to get it exchanged for pennies.

So I am walking around at lunch with a big brown envelope, asking people if they would like to get rid of their change and donate it to charity. This is not technically part of the competition...but it's definitely not against the rules! So some of the juniors and seniors are like, "is this for penny wars?" And I said....It's for the charity. :) But I am going to take all the money I get and go to the bank and get pennies in return.

It's not like the seniors aren't going to cheat in some way. I even emailed Jake and asked him how I should win Penny Wars. While on his mission he told me to take bad money out of my own bucket and turn it in for pennies at the bank. Guess he hasn't changed that much if he's telling me to cheat! Cause that is like the main rule...you can't take money out of the buckets once they are in.

So if you have floating change in your house/purse/wallet/car, you can give it to me and help me win Penny Wars! A few coins add up quick in this. Plus you will be helping a good cause.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha Annie you crack me up. I would totally give you tons of change if I lived in SL. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete