Thursday, January 17, 2013

"Broadway Revue"

I'm in the "broadway Revue" at my school right now. Every year there is one, and it is a combination of three musicals, and it is always student directed. This year it is Grease, Mamma Mia, and West Side Story. Tomorrow is the last night!!!!:) I'm so excited for it to be over. The rehersals have just not been that fun...there are 2 songs in the whole show that are super fun..We Go Together (Grease) and Dancing Queen (Mamma Mia). But holy cow some "theatre kids" are driving me bonkers. I can not stand them any longer. Sometimes I have to turn around and walk away so I don't say something mean... :)

Just little things like in the dressing room..someone came in and said "Good Luck!"
......It might as well have been the end of the world for some of them. Everyone GASPED and was like YOU CAN'T SAY THAT!!!!! Cause it's supposedly "bad luck" to say 'good luck' in theatre, you're supposed to say "break a leg." I wanted to shoot them all. I hope I'm not sounding too mean right now!! Gee wiz I have been around them for too long! Mostly it's fine I guess....yeah it's good. Just moments when I wanna be like...
ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Chill out. Just Chill. You're actually not dying right now.

I told the above story to Jesse about "good luck" and he said,
     "Can you get me a backstage pass before the show so I can go tell every one of them good luck?"

And I swear someone is always being dramatic and crying or doing something for attention and I'm like, can you just be normal for a second. And it isn't everyone obviously. Some people are chill.

It's actually a pretty fun show I guess..its not a great show...it is student directed. That is why I told no one to come :)

Welp. That was probably the most boring thing I've ever written on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment