Sunday, November 1, 2009

November

It's November 1st!!! Another great month. Oh the things you can do to your home in November. :) Turkeys, acorns, leaves, pumpkins, cornocopias, - all sorts of November 'symbols.' Looking for new decorations for this month? Well I would suggest hitting Pottery Barn. They have very cute dinner items that would be great at Thanksgiving. Like this acorn salad plate!
Or you could decorate the top of your piano, mantel, or coffe table with any of these selected at Pottery Barn.





DO NOT over decorate though. Too much decorations make the room feel crowded, but just enough is warm and cozy. If you ever find yourself in the situation where you are about to buy a decoration, but can't quite make up your mind, consider the following.
Ask yourself, "Where will I put this when I get home?"
If it replaces something you already have up, ask yourself which one you like more, which one is better quality, if you can move the first decoration somewhere else, or give it away/throw away.
If you don't have room for it, don't get it!!!!
HAPPY NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!










1 comment:

  1. Great decorating advice. I have the problem of having WAY TOO MANY decorations for everything, but I love them too so it's hard to get rid of things. But I'm decorating for Thanksgiving right now and I do have a little DI pile of stuff that I'm sick of or is past its prime.

    ReplyDelete