Monday, August 22, 2011

uggggggggggh.

WHAT IN THE HECK IS SOMEBODY THINKING WHEN THEY TELL YOU TO GO RUNNING FOR 70 MINUTES AT 97 DEGREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH I HATE RUNNING. I literally didn't even run with my team cause they were like sprinting even though we had to go for seventy minutes. So then I was by myself in the freaking burning heat I had no idea what time it was and wasn't even sure where I was. I am infuriated. I went into another school that I passed to get a drink. And then I see my team. Still going hard. I couldn't catch up to them though, I had no idea where they went. I hate HATE it when people say they're going to do something and then just drop out. But I really don't want to do cross country. I probably will end up finishing the season but boy I am mad. And it doesn't bother me that I am the slowest. OH and that wasn't even the whole practice. After the 70 minute run in the glazing sun, we had to do a billion sprints....in the hot sun. I literally was baking like a toasted cheeser. *(name that movie) So this is what I did. After I finally figured out where I was I went to my house and turned on the hose and got myself nice and wet. And listen folks, I am not opposed to some good excercise. On the other hand I am opposed to dying and of heat stroke. Suggestions????
The thing is, I don't like running. So I obviously am not going to be super committed to it and therefore won't try my hardest. Unlike dance where I love it so I do my best more often. On the other hand why should I stay after school and kill myself????

5 comments:

  1. Sounds horrible. Horrible. Heat is not my favorite friend when I'm running. Emily and I were running in the heat and our feet were on fire. I can sympathize with ya' baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot stop laughing - you are hilarious Annie!

    I can totally relate. I probably didn't hate cross country as much as you do, but on the other hand I didn't have a team that left me alone either. That is just rude. We had a rule on our team that the front runners had to turn around and pick everyone up (which was always Tom).

    You are awesome for doing it and doing it alone. I had Mike and Tom by my side for encouragement. I love running so much more now than I ever did in cross country (probably because I run in the morning and AVOID the heat).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think of me in 116 degrees...I don't blame you for hating it, but you won't regret it. Get the eye of the tiger Annie and DO IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANNIE... I love this post. I am sitting here laughing! I absolutely hate running and ever since I finished playing college bball I have gotten into it. I think it is such a hard thing to do in the heat. I don't know how Camille does it.

    ReplyDelete