Monday, March 7, 2011

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the Stars"

I think that one big mistake people make is giving up. Why? Well probably for many differnt reasons. It is easier to just give up. People tell you you will never make it, can't do it. It isn't easy for a baseball player to sprint all the time and work his tail off for the day of tryouts. He has to go through pain every day. It isn't easy for ballerinas to spend hours on end everyday doing ballet. It would be easier if they didn't have to do the extra effort, go the extra mile. It would be easier if you didn't have run a race. It would be easier to do a 5k rather than a 10k. It would be easy to not to the race at all. It would be easier to not go to dance anyway. It is easy to say, well its not like I will be a professional this or a professional that.
Why why why? Well I could look back now and say, well I took dance when I was little, and if I didn't quit that I would be alot better now. But if I quit now then in 5 years I will wonder how good I could have been. You can look back and say, if I would have started running sooner I would be in a much better place to be. But the same thing is going to happen eventually if you don't keep going right now! Never stop what you can do. People have a lot of potential, and it is the silliest thing to blow it off. Just don't give up. If a young kid has this dream to be an NBA basketball player. He's practicing everyday, does Jr high ball, does High School. Makes it to college basketball. But he doesn't make it to the NBA. It wasn't easy getting there. It's not easy getting on the high school team or the college team, but look where he landed among. Alot better than any other kid who gave up when they were in Jr. High. Be the best you can be and don't compare yourself to other people.

1 comment:

  1. This is really good advice. You are a person that truly follows this advice. My Dad used to say the same thing and I think about that a lot. Just GO for it. Life is so darn short.

    ReplyDelete